Thursday 28 March 2013

Roasted Beet Hummus (Vegan)

I am positively obsessed with this humus right now! I have consistently had it in my fridge since the first day I tried it (about a month ago). I eat it multiple times a week on my homemade bread toasted topped with arugula and mango. It had me at the hot pink colour and kept me with the delicious roasted beet, garlicky, lemony taste. Seriously. I’m a big fan.
 



Ingredients
1 roasted beet peeled
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp tahini
3-4 tbsp lemon juice
1 can or 1 ½ cups chickpeas
2-3 tbsp olive oil

Trim and wash your beets. Wrap in tin foil and roast at around 350 until they soften. Once they have cooled peel off the skin. Someone once described peeling the beets after roasting like slouching out of an oversized sweater which I thought very clever. Quarter your beet and throw it and all the other ingredients into your food processor. Blend until everything is combines and a nice smooth consistency. You may want to taste and add lemon, water or oil depending on texture.


No comments:

Post a Comment