Friday 22 March 2013

Dill Popcorn (Vegan)

Who says vegans can't have yummy popcorn? Since dropping dairy I have had the best popcorn of my life! What was once an occasional treat in my house has now become a new favourite. I've even considered taking my own home made vegan popcorn to the movies! I have a few different kinds we really like but this one is especially good.



Ingredients

Popping corn
Oil for popping
2-3 tbsp of coconut oil
dried dill weed
salt


I pop my popcorn in a pot, my beautiful cousin let me in on this awesome way to prepare it and I haven't gone back since! Just coat the bottom of a medium sized pot with whatever oil you prefer and pour in an even layer of popping corn, turn the heat up to high and shake the pot every few seconds while you wait. Once you hear the popcorn popping keep shaking until the popping slows down to a couple pops every second or so. There is a learning curve to pot popcorn so be warned, just don’t leave it too long or you might have the fire department show up. Seriously I only burned it once but that was enough to teach me a lesson. I literally had to put the pot outside in the backyard because the amount of thick black smoke coming out of it was the stuff of comedic anecdotes the likes of which begged to be blogged about. Anyways I digress. Once the popcorn is popped you can top it with the melted coconut oil, salt and dried dill weed. I usually do this in stages so I get an even coating of the popcorn. Let sit for a minute or two to let the popcorn cool and sit down with a friend to watch a movie and enjoy this yummy vegan popcorn!


No comments:

Post a Comment